What's on - 2021
There's plenty on offer at the Hokitika beach during the week of Driftwood & Sand.
Enter the BEACH SCULPTURE competition to win great prizes including $300 cash.
Watch the beach transform to an outdoor art gallery - great photo opportunities.
- Registrations from Wednesday 27th January 9am to Sunday 31st January 10am
- Penguinville - tamariki/kids choose a section at Penguinville & build a home for a kororā/Blue Penguin, from Wednesday 27th January 9am to Sunday 31st January 10am
Rope Making (free) with artist Louie Zalk-Neale. 4-6 pm on Wednesday 27th January. Meet at the caravan.
Natural Fixings Workshop (free) - with guest artists Steve Trevella and Wendy Burton Thursday 28th January 10am-12pm
- Artist Talk -Thursday 28th January 7.30pm at the Old Lodge Theatre. Hear what motiviates our guest artists, intro by Donals Buglaps
- Voting from Friday (gold coin to vote)
- Treasure Hunt for kids with the Red Moki's and friends on Sunday 31st January, 1pm
- Voting closes 1.30pm Sunday
- Don't miss the Prizegiving on Sunday 31st January at 2pm!
Learn the art of creating rope using harakeke (flax) fibre and tī kōuka (cabbage tree) leaves.